I would like to extend my thanks to the planning committee for helping to organize the Generations of Faith Program our parish last Sunday. Almost 60 parishioners and guests of all ages attended the event. Our parishioner Mrs. Melanie Fedynyshyn gave an inspirational presentation on Thanksgiving: Faith, Hope and Love in our life. She emphasized the virtue of Faith as a means of expressing gratitude for God's blessings and as a way to lift the spirits of others. Mr. Andrew Wowk was very helpful in leading a spirited questions and answers session in Ukrainian and English languages. Following the program, many parishioners commented that they appreciated the program because it helped them to be even more grateful to the Lord for all the blessings they have.
The following questions were presented for the group discussion.
- Can you describe an act of kindness that you (or another) did that had lasting effects?
- If you were to express thankfulness for some things that are happening in your life right now, what would be the first thing that comes to your mind?
- If you were stranded on a desert island with someone, who would you want that person to be? Why would you be grateful to God for that person?
- Have you ever witnessed a manifestation of Faith or Gratitude out in the secular world?
- What is the Eucharist? Please explain how important it is to you, and what role does it play in the salvation plan.